Size: 158x158 cm (61.6x61.6 inches)
Natural silk shawl, adorned with hand-embroidered floral motifs and hand-made fringes. Floral border.
- Salmon pink with multicolored embroidery
- Blue with multicolored embroidery
- Coffee brown with multicolored embroidery
- Orange with multicolored embroidery
- Ivory with multicolored embroidery and salmon pink flowers
- Ivory with multicolored embroidery and ochre flowers
- Salmon pink with ivory embroidery
Natural silk shawl with embroidery and fringes, hand-made by Bordados Foronda, the oldest embroidery factory in Seville. Since 1923, Foronda has embroidered shawls, mantillas (a variation of the veil, worn by women over their head on special occasions, particularly religious feasts), madroñeras, scarves etc., with artistry and craftmanship.
Note: The image is an example, colours and patterns may vary.
The Manila shawl is one of the most striking accessories of the flamenco dress. Nowadays its origin (Manila, capital of the Philippines, former Spanish colony) is lost in all but the name. Spanish culture has taken the Manila shawl and associated it unequivocally with flamenco.