DVD Compatible in all countries. (NTSC and PAL)
4 languages: Spanish, English, Italian and Japanese
Includes music score booklet (notation and tablature) with fully performed exercises. The booklet for the 4th DVD also includes music score for full tracks: Bulería, Soleá, Fandangos de Huelva and Tangos.
Progressive flamenco guitar course in 48 lessons in 4 DVDs for all levels, even for those with no previous guitar or music experience. The same teaching technique is used as with an in-person teacher. The basic techniques are studied applying them to the most attractive flamenco styles: Tangos, Soleá, Bulerías and Fandango de Huelva, making the study of the technique more fun.
The teaching method is designed for one class a week with half an hour daily of practice from the beginning of the course, after the third month, one hour a day. José Manuel Montoya has been teaching this course for years.
The end of the course, on DVD 4 includes videos of 4 full tracks (Tangos, Soleá, Bulerías and Fandango de Huelva ), with two different audio tracks: full (guitar + percussion) and without guitar for the student to practice with percussion (palms and cajon). There are also two image compositions; one showing both hands and the other with different shots of each hand.
Throughout the course both hands are shown on the screen, shot from different angles so to not miss anything out, and shows with graphics the chord diagrams and the beat.
Full course content:
DVD -1 (120 minutes)
- Parts, tuning, changing strings and position the body with the guitar.
- Positioning explanation and exercises: Thumb, thumb and index, alzapua and left hand techniques/ rasgueados and tangos rhythm (palmas).
- Melodic patterns for Tangos that include thumb and index, alzapua and rasgueados
DVD - 2 (120 minutes)
Lessons 13 - 25
- Explanation of picao technique/ explanations and hand clapping exercises for the Soleá, F. de Huelva, Bulería.
- Rasgueados for Soleá, Bulerías, F. de Huelva /melodic patterns of Tangos, Soleá y F. de Huelva (thumb)
DVD - 3 (120 minutes)
Lessons 26 – 37
- Explanations and arpeggio technique exercises.
- Major scales (picado) .
- Melodic patterns. Bulerías (thumb), Bulerías (alzapúa), Tangos (picado and left hand stretches),Soleá (picado) F. de Huelva (picado) .
DVD - 4 (120 minutes)
Lessons 38 – 48
- Explanations and tremolo technique exercises.
- Melodic patterns: Bulerías (picado).Bulerías (arpegios and alzapúa).
- Soleá (arpegio and picado).Tangos (arpegio andpicado).
- F. de Huelva (arpegio). Soleá (tremolo).
- All the melodic patterns (DVD 1, 2, 3 ,4) together to play as tracks or small compositions with percussion accompaniment to practice.